[Openstack-i18n] Call for vote: translation importing policy

Tom Verdaat tom at server.biz
Wed Sep 25 13:08:40 UTC 2013

1. Language coordinator decided

Why:

   - Some uncompleted translations are more useful in combination with
   English fallback than others.
   - A strict percentage *always* leads to discussion. Why 90% and not 85%
   or 95%? And what if it's 90% and we are at 88%? I recommend having a
   coordinator that makes an educated judgment and give that person a
   guideline (e.g. aim for 90%)
   - Languages with a lot of contributing translators can have a high
   "translated" and low "reviewed" percentage.This means it could be of poor
   quality or very inconsistent. I think it's better to force users to use the
   product in a secondary language that is consistent than their primary
   language which is inconsistent. An inconsistent Horizon interface can have
   substantial negative effects on user satisfaction and you only get one
   chance for a first impression. Again, the coordinator is best suited to
   judge quality.

2. No

Set and announce a date in the near future (e.g. 3 months or so) for
removal which allows translators to copy/paste the useful stuff.

I expect there is a high correlation per language in completion of old and
new translations. No need to keep the old stuff for languages that have
already completed the new translation and no use in keeping an old
translation that's no where near complete.