[Openstack-i18n] Action item: Transifex statistics API

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Mon Oct 7 07:37:40 UTC 2013

Hi all,

On 31/07/13 11:33, Gabriel Wainer wrote:
> ACTION: gabrielcw to take a look at Transifex API to see if it's able to
> get the translators information.
>
> So I asked their help desk about what we want, and happily they will
> soon be rolling out support for that:
>
> http://support.transifex.com/customer/portal/questions/1326867-translators-statistics
>
> In fact, by the answer it should be already available but is not.
>
> I will keep an eye on that, and let you know!

It's been several months with no followup from Transifex. So, I don't
think we can expect any assistance from them.

I can propose a DIY/hack solution, using this:

 > I searched the API docs and as Daisy and Katomo mentioned in the last
 > meeting, there's the API to retrieve some information for projects, but
 > not yet for translators work.
 >
 > http://help.transifex.com/features/api/#statistics

This is an example of what we get out of that API:
curl ... -X GET
http://www.transifex.com/api/2/project/horizon/resource/openstack-dashboard-translations/stats/es/
{
     "reviewed_percentage": "83%",
     "completed": "99%",
     "untranslated_words": 45,
     "last_commiter": "ritchey98",
     "reviewed": 1373,
     "translated_entities": 1648,
     "translated_words": 7603,
     "last_update": "2013-10-02 16:40:06",
     "untranslated_entities": 3
}

In theory, if we run this command every minute or so, we can:
1. look at the translated_words and translated_entities or reviewed
2. if they have changed (increased), it was because last_commiter did a
translation

It's ugly, because we need to continually run this to gather the data.

However, this way we can gather statistics on how many strings/words are
translated by whom.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Tom