[Openstack-i18n] Collecting requirements to translation tools

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 15:20:49 UTC 2013

Hi Daisy and all,

It may be off-topic already....

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 2:38 AM, Ying Chun Guo <guoyingc at cn.ibm.com> wrote:
> How do you think using the same mechanism to track bugs as other projects
> (e.g. docs, infrastructure)?
> For example, bugs management in launchpad?

Perhaps your are talking about the following topic in my mail.

>> * Bug/Issue tracking
>>   * Discussion or Bug which is not specific to each translation
>> should be handled in broader scope.
>>     E.g., translation memory related, upstream bugs, ..... (I am not
>> sure these are good examples..)

In general, the same mechanism should work.
If a bug or topic is common to all languages it is very simple and the
same mechanism
should work. In many cases it is a bug of upstream projects (such as
openstack-manuals, horizon, ...).

What in my mind are for tracking topics rather than simple bugs.
It is the reason

The only difference is how to manage language-specific topics:
For example, during Japanese translations there are a glossary
discussion, wording policy
throughout a single translation and across translations.
It is better such topics are discussed in their native/local languages.
If we use a common platform for I18N, is it confortable if multiple
languages are used in a single bug system.
I believe it is not comfortable.
(For now, we Japanese team are using our own GitHub project and issue
tracking system
for this purpose.)

Regards,
Akihiro Motoki <amotoki at gmail.com>