[OpenStack-docs] [openstack-docs] Archiving documentation

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Wed Jan 25 07:33:45 UTC 2017

On 2017-01-25 05:39, Tom Fifield  wrote:
> I'd suggest that anyone on the infrastructure team would be happy to
> perform this copy (and have the access necessary to do so. Just drop a
> mail to openstack-infra at lists.openstack.org (or in #openstack-infra) and
> ask to copy the icehouse dir from 'docs-archived' to 'docs.o.o'.

I can coordinate that copying - but before I do, I'd like to see a plan.

Btw. copying the complete icehouse dir is wrong, I don't want to copy
the Install Guide as you said as well. So, what should be copied exactly?

Moving to docs-archived just a single directory right now is the wrong
way: It still breaks existing URLs, why not use /icehouse? Then, which
other directories to copy over? How do you want to make these archived
versions available - there's no /icehouse or /docs-archived index page.
What are we doing about translations of the documents?

       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)