[OpenStack-docs] Merge of "Add install instructions for Aodh"

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Tue Jan 26 15:41:24 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Christian Berendt" <christian at berendt.io>
> To: "openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org" <Openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org>
>
> Hello.
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/230123 ("Add install instructions for
> Aodh") was merged even it was not ready for it. In the comment was
> mentioned to not merge this request and that Matt should make the merge
> after his approval. Matt spent a lot of time on this review and I am not
> sure why Stephen has merged it, because he was not really involved in
> the review.

I have been following the review since it was first proposed in October and have largely agreed with the comments posted. The comments on the most recent patchsets appeared to have been actioned.

> For the future, please do not merge reviews when there is a comment like
> "XYZ should make a final review and merge it".

Christian, you yourself gave it a +2 without any associated comment - it seems a bit rich to then wonder why it was merged. The comment you refer to was a week ago 4 patch-sets and further comments from Matt prior, if you don't want something to merge then explicitly mark it WIP using the workflow flag and/or submit a negative vote, that is what these features are for.

Regardless per Matt's comment on the review he, Ildiko, Andreas and I have discussed on IRC and determined that we will endeavor to address remaining issues in follow-up patches and/or todo items for tracking.

-Steve

> As proposed in the comments:
>
> ---snip---
> Prior to reverting this patch set now I would prefer to open a follow-up
> patch or to re-use https://review.openstack.org/#/c/252415/ for it.
> ---snap---
>
> Christian.
>
> --
> Christian Berendt
> Cloud Solution Architect
> Mail: berendt at b1-systems.de
>
> B1 Systems GmbH
> Osterfeldstraße 7 / 85088 Vohburg / http://www.b1-systems.de
> GF: Ralph Dehner / Unternehmenssitz: Vohburg / AG: Ingolstadt,HRB 3537

Steve Gordon,
Sr. Technical Product Manager,
Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform