[OpenStack-docs] Restructure HTML templates / CSS files used on docs.o.o and in openstackdocstheme

Jimmy McArthur jimmy at openstack.org
Tue Jan 19 16:03:51 UTC 2016

I realize it creates a slight dependency on the OpenStack.org site, but
we've created a really simple way for you all to always keep your menu
up to date. Instructions just below. If there is an update to the menu
that's desired, you can do a pull request against the openstack.org
repository:
https://github.com/OpenStackweb/openstack-org/blob/master/themes/openstack/templates/Layout/Includes/Navigation.ss

This menu will update automatically when we update the file mentioned
above. To see a sample of this, you can look here:
http://devmenu.openstack.org/

<nav class="navbar navbar-default" role="navigation">
<ul id="menu_widget_container" class="nav navbar-nav navbar-main
show"></ul>
</nav>

The only required element is the <ul> but the rest is necessary for
styling purposes.

Then include the widget :
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://www.openstack.org/themes/openstack/javascript/menu-widget.js"></script>

Bootstrap and jquery are required as well.

Please let me know if this is something you all are interested in
implementing.

Thanks!
Jimmy McArthur