[OpenStack-docs] how is cli-ref generated?

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 17:36:01 UTC 2016

Hi,

I wonder how CLI reference is generated?
I looked for some document on the process of the CLI reference but I
failed to find it.

This question mainly comes from the following two.

(1) Why the process is not automated?
I see a lot of patches to CLI reference when new version of CLIs are release.
I wonder why they are not automated.

(2) Duplicated information on OSC
OSC provides useful and detail command line help in their devref.
OSC CLI reference in openstack-manuals looks like a duplicated effort.
If the docs team has not talked with OSC team, it means a lack of
communications.

Anyway, I think we should try and explore more automated way
rather than spend time to keep them up-to-date manually.

Thought?

Thanks,
Akihiro