[OpenStack-docs] [Contributor guide] Update and questions

Olga Gusarenko ogusarenko at mirantis.com
Mon Oct 12 11:43:50 UTC 2015

Hi all,

The Contributor guide is almost ready to be published.

We have several commits on review at the moment. They are:

   - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/232966/
   - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/233183/
   - some information from the HowTo conventions page will be available on
   review in a day.

*Your reviews are welcome.*
Therefore, we would like to know the next steps to take to have the guide
published.

>> *Andreas suggests the following solutions*:
>> On a technical level: Update tools/build-all-rst.sh so that it does not
get published at /draft/ and update all index.html pages.
>> On a process level: Once those changes are in, I suggest we do a one
week review of the content (still as draft) and afterwards to the technical
change.
>> We do not need to wait for Liberty, we can publish and announce anytime
we think we're ready.

Another question is about DocBook markup. I suggest leaving the related
conventions as they are (on wiki), and create a separate page in the
Contributor guide with the information that the DocBook markup is
deprecated at the moment but if users need it they can refer to
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/Markup_conventions.
What do you think?

>> *from Andreas*:
>>Works for me.

*Your thoughts and ideas regarding the matter are very much appreciated!*

Thanks in advance.

--
Best regards,
Olga