[OpenStack-docs] [install-guide] status of Debian

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Oct 13 15:56:43 UTC 2015

On 10/13/2015 04:05 PM, Matt Kassawara wrote:
> Keystone/Apache:
>
> Does the package also include the /usr/bin/keystone-wsgi-admin and
> /usr/bin/keystone-wsgi-public files?

Sure it does.

> Keystone:
>
> I haven't found any problems with v3.

Maybe I don't know how to use it properly then. I'll try harder and try
to fix everything using v3 including my tempest CI. Though even if then
it works, it will take some time to fix it, so please be patient
regarding this particular issue.

> Cinder:
>
> The v1 API does not exist in Liberty. I spoke with cinder developers
> including the former PTL who told me to remove the service and endpoints
> for v1. So far, so good in testing.

And so did I. I have listen to them and tried. Then lots of tempest
tests broke, and I reverted. The reality is, as much as I can tell, not
as shiny as they pretend. It is either that, or Tempest must be updated,
but chatting with colleagues, they seem to agree that the v1 endpoints
is still needed, as the v2 API doesn't re-implements all of what is in v1.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)