[OpenStack-docs] [User Guides] Meeting Notes: 27 March 2015

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Mon Mar 30 07:14:57 UTC 2015

On 30/03/15 15:26, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> On 03/30/2015 03:11 AM, Lana Brindley wrote:
>>
>> * Information Architecture: do we need a User Guide + Admin Guide? Can
>> we combine or split this in a better way? What components should we be
>> documenting (core only/core+)?
>>
>> With the Easter break coming up, we decided to all spend some time on
>> answering this question over the next couple of weeks. We have a lot of
>> Information Architecture expertise in the group, and individuals have
>> been asked to email the mailing list with [User Guides] in the subject
>> line with their suggestions.
>
> Sorry, this does not help me at all.
>
> If we want to have split guides, we need to figure out how to do this
> properly. If we want to have this ready on the 7th of August, I don't
> want to work on this and have it reverted after a couple of weeks,

To be honest, I think trying to solve this by 7 April is unrealistic.
Restructuring a document, and doing it properly, is not something to
take lightly, and I'd rather hold off and do a great job then rush into
it and make mistakes.

Is there something that would be helpful to you in the short term that
we can help with? What, exactly, are you trying to achieve by 7 April?

Lana Brindley
Technical Writer
Rackspace Cloud Builders Australia
http://lanabrindley.com