[OpenStack-docs] How to document CLI depending on the used API?

Bernd Bausch berndbausch at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 12:10:57 UTC 2015

I don't see a problem documenting different set of command options for different API versions. People who use the CLI should be aware that there are several APIs, that they can be selected with parameters or environment variables, and that they have different commands.

The automatic documentation generator might have to be modified though.

By the way, without connection information (OS_AUTH_URL and credentials), I get:

$ openstack help
ERROR: openstack Authentication type must be selected with --os-auth-type

(that's in Juno; I don't have Kilo handy right now).

Bernd