[OpenStack-docs] How to document CLI depending on the used API?

Christian Berendt christian at berendt.io
Tue Jun 30 11:16:49 UTC 2015

At the moment we have the problem with python-glanceclient that some
positional arguments in help messages only appear when running
python-glanceclient against a "real" cloud (reachable connection
parameters).

It looks like we have the same problem with python-openstackclient. At
the moment I am testing Keystone v3 API and when setting
OS_IDENTITY_API_VERSION=3 I have some more commands (for example
openstack domain) and some more parameters (for example --domain
<domain> when creating new projects or users).

At the moment I am not sure how we should document the CLIs when the
generated documentation depends on environment parameters.

Christian.

--
Christian Berendt
Cloud Computing Solution Architect