[OpenStack-docs] Tox on Docs, Docs on Tox

Randy_Perryman at Dell.com Randy_Perryman at Dell.com
Tue Jul 7 17:34:32 UTC 2015

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
Having just finished installing and getting this work.

I used the instruction on the Ironic page to do this.  That worked my first try.  I did hve to install Python 2.7 and set it as active with alternatives

Here is my post on what I did:

So after spending many hours of setup and struggle.  I spoke with one of the local engineers and he said he can build the docs after following the instructions at http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ironic/dev/dev-quickstart.html.

So I followed these instructions, then went back to our documentation at https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/HowTo#Edit_OpenStack_RST_and.2For_DocBook_documentation
  and went to Building Output Locally.

I can now do a

tox -e py27  with no errors

activate my virtual environment

tox -e docs

with No errors

Basics of what I did

Operating System - CentOS 6.6
python 2.7 (https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.9/Python-2.7.9.tgz)
                setup as an alternative:
alternatives --install /usr/bin/python python /usr/src/Python-2.7.9/python 2
alternatives --install /usr/bin/python python /usr/bin/python2.6 1
alternatiives --config python
sudo easy_install nose
pip install virtualenv
pip install setuptools-git