[OpenStack-docs] Tox on Docs, Docs on Tox

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Jul 6 15:58:28 UTC 2015

On 2015-07-06 09:40:56 -0600 (-0600), Matt Kassawara wrote:
> From the note...
>
> Ubuntu and Debian require the following additional dependencies: gcc,
> gettext, python-dev, libxml2-dev, libxslt1-dev, zlib1g-dev
>
> RHEL and variants including Fedora, openSUSE and SUSE Linux Enterprise
> require the following additional dependencies: gcc, python-devel,
> libxml2-devel, libxslt-devel

Once bindep[1] gets a little more ingrained in our repos (I've got
patches underway to integrate it into our testing mechanisms
currently), this could be solved by adding an other-requirements.txt
file into the repo to which this applies. Its contents would look
something like:

    gcc
    gettext [platform:dpkg]
    libxml2-dev [platform:dpkg]
    libxml2-devel [platform:rpm]
    libxslt-devel [platform:rpm]
    libxslt1-dev [platform:dpkg]
    python-dev [platform:dpkg]
    python-devel [platform:rpm]
    zlib1g-dev [platform:dpkg]

And then with a corresponding "bindep" env in your tox.ini, your
instructions could say to install tox and run `tox -e bindep` to get
a list of additional packages you're missing on your platform.

[1] https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/bindep/tree/README.rst
--
Jeremy Stanley