[Openstack-docs] Armed with roadmaps and bug lists, amazing docs happen

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Tue May 20 22:03:46 UTC 2014

Hi all,
I've proposed roadmaps to live in-repo for each book in the
openstack-manuals repository:

https://review.openstack.org/94387
https://review.openstack.org/94389
https://review.openstack.org/94386
https://review.openstack.org/94388
https://review.openstack.org/94384
https://review.openstack.org/94390
https://review.openstack.org/94385

I'd like input on the process we can implement for these roadmaps. I'd like
bugs to be reserved for actual defects and blueprints to be reserved for
large coordinated efforts.

Roadmap tasks are additional information that enhances the particular guide
targeted with the roadmap. A roadmap should give walk-up contributors a
list of things they could do if they're so inclined. How can a contributor
indicate they're working on a roadmap task so we avoid duplication of
effort? Submit a work-in-progress patch is all I have proposed so far. Is
that work-able? Let me know your thoughts on how to make a roadmap work
(and don't make me set up a docs-specs repo please). :)