[Openstack-docs] Continous publishing and handling multiple releases

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Mon Sep 16 19:39:42 UTC 2013

If we publish a book continously, which releases should it cover?

Two examples triggered this question:
In https://review.openstack.org/#/c/46626/ I've added a note that a
section is not relevant with Havana anymore - but relevant with older
releases.

Looking at https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1205060, we
now have a couple of variables moved from [DEFAULT] to [database] with
the Havana release. How should this be documented?

Should we just document in both cases Havana - or do we take care of
documenting both releases? And for which books does this apply?

For the books we branch off (Install Guides, Configuration Reference),
we should only document Havana - the rest is the question where I feel
unsure on policy,