[Openstack-docs] Building docs for SUSE

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Thu Sep 12 06:52:11 UTC 2013

On 09/12/2013 05:24 AM, Lorin Hochstein wrote:
> I was about to review https://review.openstack.org/45935, when I
> realized that I didn't know how to build the docs for openSUSE.
>
> I ended up editing doc/install-guide/pom.xml and doing this:
>
>         <operating.system>opensuse</operating.system>

The Jenkins job building the manuals uses "zypper" in the above.

>         <!-- This is set by Jenkins to run twice for each similar
> operating system group -->
>         <profile.os>opensuse</profile.os>

This one is the change that counts and is needed.

> That seemed to work (although I wasn't sure whether to do
> <operating.system>zypper</operating.system> instead, since the
> alternatives seem to be yum and apt).
>
> Can somebody confirm this is the right thing to do?

I run it locally (like in the Jenkins job) with a small script that just
does:
mvn generate-sources -Doperating.system=zypper -Dprofile.os=opensuse

I've documented both now at
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/HowTo#Building_Output_Locally