[Openstack-docs] code to build api methods

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 03:06:07 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 2:11 AM, Anne Gentle
<annegentle at justwriteclick.com>wrote:

> Hi Kersten,
>
> I think lots of people are trying to solve for automation and small parts
> do help. Thanks David for noting what's missing.
>
> Just last week, Cyril Roelandt said he has written a Sphinx extension to
> create the WADL for the Ceilometer docs, see
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/45592/. He says "generated by a Sphinx
> extension I wrote (I haven't released it yet, because I need to make it's
> ok with the legal department) from the RST files in Ceilometer."
>
> I do want to make sure solutions between projects are similar so that we
> have a single process for everyone to follow. But the source files may
> differ. Kersten, can you take a look at Cyril's work and see if there's
> similarity? I can't tell where your source comes from -- is it json? How
> does all this fit into the Pecan and WSME discussions on validation?

We're really not sure we'll be heading the Pecan/WSME route for the Nova V3
API for icehouse - I've asked for a session at the design summit to discuss
it but there are reasons we may decide not to.

The format above is JSON and more examples can be found here:

https://github.com/cyeoh/nova-v3-api-doc/tree/metafiles_2/doc/v3/api_samples

They end in ".meta" and are designed to tie together the api samples so we
can automate the generation of a spec for the V3 API for Havana.

Regards,

Chris