[Openstack-docs] Using "audience" instead of "os" for profiling in user guides?

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Mon Nov 18 13:53:45 UTC 2013

Hi David,

I recently proposed a change to our validation scripts to validate that "os" profiling directives used in the DocBook XML were known/valid [1]. While I was doing this I noticed that the user guides use os profiling values of "adminuser" and "enduser" to separate some content. I suspect the more appropriate profiling condition for these would be "audience" instead of overloading "os" for two different use cases.

Is there any known reason *not* to use "audience" in clouddocs-maven? Is it as simple as using <profileAudience>enduser</profileAudience> instead of <profileOs>enduser</profileOs> in the pom.xml to line up the build if I change the XML to use audience?

Thanks,

Steve

[1] https://review.openstack.org/56933