[Openstack-docs] [openstack/nova] DocImpact review request change Iced7bc8e278cb9f208183f1dbb7a293675a47eae

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Fri May 31 23:54:38 UTC 2013

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
DocImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/31314

Log:
commit 0b5964edbc593c1f82e9d967c393461ded822350
Author: Chris Behrens <cbehrens at codestud.com>
Date:   Fri May 31 23:13:23 2013 +0000

    Remove broken config_drive image_href support.

    image_href support has not been working since at least shortly before
    Folsom release.  This is a good indication that this functionality is not
    used.  As far as I can tell, the docs also do not match what was
    supported.  An image ID was required, but docs show examples with full
    hrefs.

    DocImpact

    http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/api_ext/ext_config_drive.html

    References to supporting image_hrefs should be removed.

    Docs also state that 'true' or 'True' (depending on if you use
    XML or JSON) or empty strings are returned for detail/show.  The
    nova code seems to actually return '1' or an empty string or None.

    This has been corrected in this patch to return 'True' (always
    capitalized) or '' if it is enabled/disabled respectively.

    This patch also removes the hack that passed a config_drive_id via
    the Instance dictionary when config_drive_id is not a valid Column for
    Instance.

    Fixes bug 1186401

    Change-Id: Iced7bc8e278cb9f208183f1dbb7a293675a47eae