[Openstack-docs] [openstack/swift] DocImpact review request change Id16187481b37e716d2bd09bdbab8cc87537e3ddd

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Thu May 30 05:04:22 UTC 2013

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
DocImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/30956

Log:
commit 6925f1f09d6fc37965f5f52a15ffc0211c414fe2
Author: David Goetz <dpgoetz at gmail.com>
Date:   Fri May 17 14:35:08 2013 -0700

    Allow SLOs to be made up of other SLOs

    We've gone back and forth about this. In the initial commit, it couldn't
    possibly work because you wouldn't be able to get the Etags to match. Then it
    was expressly disallowed with a custom error message, and now its allowed. The
    reason we're allowing it is that 1,000 segments isn't enough for some use cases
    and we decided its better than just upping the number of allowed segments. The
    code to make it work isn't all that complicated and it allows for virtually
    unlimited SLO object size. Think I'll leave the python-swift client support for
    nested SLOs to somebody else though :).

    DocImpact

    Change-Id: Id16187481b37e716d2bd09bdbab8cc87537e3ddd