[Openstack-docs] Linking to external install guides

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Wed Jul 10 15:43:21 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 10:21 AM, Steve Gordon <sgordon at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]
What has happened in the past is Razique would upgrade in production,
keeping good notes, then bring them in to the documentation.

Razique documented cactus to diablo and diablo to essex:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/18053/3 in December 2012.

Alvaro Garcia did essex to folsom in
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/21657/in Feb 2013.

Razique's still assigned to folsom to grizzly.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1087483

He may have decent notes and just hasn't put them in a patch yet so check
with him.

>  > I added a new bug for documenting grizzly->havana <
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1199773>.
>
> Thanks, I have started adding some more specific thoughts about the
> process there. A more general question is where in the documentation suite
> would we expect that content to live?

Usually it goes in the Install Guide, just the timing is after the release.

Anne

Anne Gentle
annegentle at justwriteclick.com