[Openstack-docs] Auto-generating Ceilometer documentation.

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Fri Dec 20 15:17:22 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Cyril Roelandt <cyril.roelandt at enovance.com
> wrote:

> On 11/28/2013 09:33 PM, Anne Gentle wrote:
>
>> Cyril, I think you would build the WADL with the Sphinx extension as a
>> Jenkins job, triggered when the Ceilometer gets an update. Then automate
>> the patch proposal to the api-site similar to how translation jobs work. A
>> human can then review the api-site patch (also similar to how translation
>> jobs work). I'd rather not automate beyond creating the patch as we still
>> want to review wording, meaning, and so on.
>>

> Hello Anne,
>
> Seems like the patch that adds a WADL target to Ceilometer's build system (
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/57574/) should be merged quite soon.
> I'll then need to write that Jenkins job. Do you know where I could submit
> code to do that ? I'm new to Jenkins and the whole OpenStack infrastructure
> :)

Hi Cyril,

The place where doc jobs are created is in a yaml file in the
openstack-infra/config repository.

The manuals.yaml and api-jobs.yaml contains the build jobs for the docs
we're talking about

modules/openstack_project/files/jenkins_job_builder/config/api-jobs.yaml<https://review.openstack.org/#/c/59556/1/modules/openstack_project/files/jenkins_job_builder/config/api-jobs.yaml>

and the layout.yaml contains calls to those named build jobs.

modules/openstack_project/files/zuul/layout.yaml<https://review.openstack.org/#/c/58313/1/modules/openstack_project/files/zuul/layout.yaml>

 I hope that gives you enough info to dig deeper. Andreas or I can help as
you have questions.
Thanks!
Anne

> Cyril.