[openstack-ansible] Dedicated gateway hosts not working with OVN

Roger Rivera roger.riverac at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 23:08:37 UTC 2023

Hello James,

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately nothing seems to work in this
scenario/environment. We have worked on deployments where compute nodes
have a direct interface to external networks. but this dedicated
network/gateway scenario has proven difficult to implement with OVN.

The main issue is displayed when we remove all bridge mappings from compute
nodes (neutron_ovn_controller host group). Leaving the provider network
mappings exclusively on the network/gateway hosts (neutron_ovn_gateway host
group). Upon attempting to attach an interface to the external network,
neutron complains about a PortBindingFailed error.

Our relevant configuration files/content:
https://paste.opendev.org/show/821535/

I have run out of ideas here. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks