[tc] dropping python 3.8 support for 2024.1

Dmitriy Rabotyagov noonedeadpunk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 21:05:24 UTC 2023

> It is more than an exaggeration: it just isn't realistic to support
> anything else in my opinion. You'll be stuck supporting ancient everything
> if you don't take a position like this.

Then I'd say that SLURP approach should be cancelled as I'm not sure any
more what real-users situation it is solving then.
And if 1 year is a too long period which makes everything "ancient".

Because as I said, removal of py3.8 had been raised at beginning of 2023.2
(and I bet everyone recall the mess we got into because of that), when we
_really_ could drop it, but just by handling that in a better way. But now
in non-SLURP I feel pretty much wrong in doing so.

And again, I am not protecting py3.8 specifically, but I am standing for
expectations that we set by introducing SLURPs, which IMO was one of the
biggest deals for operators lately.