[ovn] safely change bridge_mappings

Rodolfo Alonso Hernandez ralonsoh at redhat.com
Tue Mar 7 09:12:54 UTC 2023

Hello Tomáš:

You need to follow the steps in [1]:
* You need to create the new physical bridge "br-ex2".
* Then you need to add to the bridge the physical interface.
* In the compute node you need to add the bridge mappings to the OVN
database Open vSwitch register
* In the controller, you need to add the reference for this second provider
network in "flat_networks" and "network_vlan_ranges" (in the ml2.ini file).
Then you need to restart the Neutron server to read these new parameters
(this step is not mentioned in this link).
  $ cat ./etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/ml2_conf.ini
  [ml2_type_flat]
  flat_networks = public,public2
  [ml2_type_vlan]
  network_vlan_ranges = public:11:200,public2:11:200

Regards.

[1]
https://docs.openstack.org/networking-ovn/pike/admin/refarch/provider-networks.html