[ovn] safely change bridge_mappings

Tomáš Bredár tomas.bredar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 23:32:11 UTC 2023

Hi,

I have a running production OpenStack deployment - version Wallaby
installed using TripleO. I'm using the default OVN/OVS networking.
For provider networks I have two bridges on the compute nodes br-ex and
br-ex2. Instances mainly use br-ex for provider networks, but there are
some instances which started using a provider network which should be
mapped to br-ex2, however I didn't specify "bridge_mappings" on
ml2_conf.ini, so the traffic wants to flow through the default
datacentre:br-ex.
My questions is, what services should I restart on the controller and
compute nodes after defining bridge_mappings in [ovs] in ml2_conf.ini. And
if this operation is safe and if the instances already using br-ex will
lose connectivity?

Thanks for your help

Tomas