[openstack-helm] Get rid of cephfs and rbd provisioners

Steve Taylor steveftaylor at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 15:40:36 UTC 2023

I agree as well. I have been working to update the Ceph client images to Quincy and Focal to match the Ceph daemons that have already been updated, and the CephFS provisioner is proving difficult. It is outdated and incompatible with Python 3, but newer librados packages are only built for Python 3.

If we want to keep the old provisioners around, the path that makes the most sense is to update them to be compatible with more modern frameworks and libraries, but personally, I don't see a need. I think pretty much everyone has moved to CSI, and anyone that hasn't probably should. I am in favor of removing the outdated provisioners.

Steve