[neutron][releases] Issue with neutron-tempest-plugin in T, U and V

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Thu Feb 9 20:46:11 UTC 2023

 ---- On Thu, 09 Feb 2023 09:31:05 -0800  Rodolfo Alonso Hernandez  wrote ---
 > Hello:
 > I've started to see an error in the neutron-tempest-plugin job executions, in T, U and V. The hash used for these versions is the same [1]. This has been marked as the last version of this project in these releases.
 > However I found [2] today. The library "guestmount" seems to be not present in Ubuntu 20.04 and we need to install it. That was done in [3] and is present in newer releases.
 > My question here is: how do I push a patch for these versions (tag=1.6.0) and release a 2nd "last" version (if possible)?

We cannot push changes to the old released tag but the only option is to try to use the newer tag which has the fix (1.8.0) in this case.

I have pushed the change to use the neutron-tempest-plugin 1.8.0 tag in t-u-v jobs
- https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron-tempest-plugin/+/873325

But I am not 100 % sure if that will work fine with all the stable constraints, testing it
- https://review.opendev.org/q/I66cd6fa5742edd11a0eef9a4d3e7fab5f384076f

If it works then this is the solution otherwise we need to call out the testing of failing jobs on t-u-v
(if 813195 is the only fix )

Question: why they started failing now?

-gmann