[openstack-ansible] Recommended branch for a production environment?

Roger Rivera roger.riverac at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 18:59:29 UTC 2023

Hello Dmitriy,

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to answer my questions. It's
been really clarifying to know the differences from one branch to another.
I've worked on GIT methodologies where the master is usually the stable
branch and there is a separate development branch with all the newer
commits.

In our case, and with the intention to use OVN, we should be good by
setting our environment up with the stable/zed branch. Especially
considering LinuxBridge was moved to experimental.

Also, knowing that Ubuntu has been battle tested with Openstack-Ansible is
a helpful piece of information. When we started this testing project,
Debian 11 was supported and Ubuntu 22 was experimental, hence we thought
Debian was the main focus of attention and support for the project.

Our main focus is stability, hence the interest of having a better
understanding of the best branch and operating system combinations.

Again, thank you very much.

Best regards,

Roger

--