[QA] openstack-tox-py27 failures PSA

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Feb 7 22:33:51 UTC 2023

On 2023-02-07 09:21:56 -0800 (-0800), Dariusz Smigiel wrote:
> Recent change [1] to remove python27 from images caused issues across
> jobs still using python 2.7 There are a lot of projects failing due to
> that. [2] The solution is to update bindep.txt [3]
> The fix was discussed with the #opendev team and can be summarized as
> follows. [4]
>
> ```
> 15:37 <clarkb> I think we have ~3 options: A) revert/or readd
> python2-dev installs B) ask projects to fix their broken bindep.txts
> (something we've asked for for years at this point) or C) update -py27
> jobs to explicitly install python2 for you
> ```
[...]

We also merged https://review.opendev.org/873020 about twenty
minutes ago, so as of 22:12:13 any jobs inheriting from
openstack-tox-py27 will automatically install the python and
python-dev (old Python 2.7) packages.

But definitely still put Python interpreters in your bindep.txt
files, they're useful if for no other reason than to indicate to
anyone looking at the file that your project needs those.
--
Jeremy Stanley