[ironic]Could I use x86 ironic to deploy arm bare metal node?

Arne Wiebalck Arne.Wiebalck at cern.ch
Thu Feb 2 17:05:08 UTC 2023

Hi!

Here at CERN we do not have separate Ironic controllers for ARM,
but we do not use the standard Ironic tftp setup either: we have
an "Ironic external" PXE/tftp service we rely on. What you will need
to make sure, though, is that you indeed serve architecture dependent
files via tftp. If I remember correctly, we do this via the architecture/firmware
information that is sent with the initial DHCP request, and an if statement
somewhere :)

(We should write a blog post with all the details, but I am happy to
dig out the details on how this works before -- if you think this would
be useful for you?)

Cheers,
 Arne

--