[Swift] [kolla] Swift issues in one cluster

Albert Braden ozzzo at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 12:17:13 UTC 2022

 We were seeing the ChunkWriteTimeout all along but I wasn't focusing on it at first. We're working on getting the customer setup in our lab environment so that he can duplicate the issue there.
     On Friday, June 24, 2022, 01:07:04 PM EDT, Clay Gerrard <clay.gerrard at gmail.com> wrote:

 On Fri, Jun 24, 2022 at 11:46 AM Albert Braden <ozzzo at yahoo.com> wrote:

> "You can reproduce this by issuing a GET request for a few hundred MB file and never consuming the response, but keep the client socket open. Swift will log a 499 but the socket does not always close."

Was that the behavior that you were seeing?  Swift logs 499, but the
socket stays open?

Eventlet 0.22.0 says eventlet.wsgi will timeout idle clients now:

https://eventlet.net/doc/changelog.html#id23

... so maybe that bug as written is no longer valid - but it could
still be related to what you're seeing.  Wasn't the original traceback
a BlockingIOError - that seems different from a hung client socket
from an idle client.