[all][tc] What's happening in Technical Committee: summary 17 June 2022: Reading: 5 min

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Jun 17 19:23:27 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone,

Here is this week's summary of the Technical Committee activities.

1. TC Meetings:
============

* We had this week's meeting on 16 June. Most of the meeting discussions are
summarized in this email. Meeting full logs are available
@https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/tc/2022/tc.2022-06-16-15.00.log.html

* Next TC weekly meeting will be on 23 June Thursday at 15:00 UTC, feel free to
add the topic on the agenda[1] by 22 June.

2. What we completed this week:
=========================
* The TC presented the "OpenStack Updates"  to the Board of Directors meeting in Berlin. Due to COVID and
   no in-person board meeting, OpenStack community and Board did not have any interaction for 2.5 years.
   As Board meet in-person in Berlin summit, The TC presented the "OpenStack Updates" to them which is much
   appreciated by the Board. Along with updates, OpenStack's current challenges are acknowledged and discussed
   especially operator+develoepr less interaction, fewer contributors, and less diversity in contribution. You can see
   the slides here[2].

3. Activities In progress:
==================
TC Tracker for Zed cycle
------------------------------
* Zed tracker etherpad includes the TC working items[3], many items are
in-progress.

Open Reviews
-----------------
* Four open reviews for ongoing activities[4].

New release cadence "SLURP" open items
1. release notes strategy:
Brian is working on this[5] and has some ideas on automating the releasenotes process which is under
testing[5]. This work is required by m-3 of the 2023.1 release so we have time but he mentioned to do
it well before that.

Improve project governance
---------------------------------
Slawek updated the framework proposal as per review comments and is under review[6].

New ELK service dashboard: e-r service
No update this week.

Consistent and Secure Default RBAC
We have operators feedback[7] and we will be discussing it in policy popup meeting on Tuesday 21
June[8]

Please note that operator feedback is very important for us to proceed on 'scope' in SRBAC. If you are
operator or know anyone around you, we request you to provide feedback.

2021 User Survey TC Question Analysis
No update on this. The survey summary is up for review[9]. Feel free to check and
provide feedback.

Zed cycle Leaderless projects
----------------------------------
No updates on this. Only Adjutant project is leaderless/maintainer-less. We will check Adjutant's
the situation again on ML and hope Braden will be ready with their company side permission[10].

Fixing Zuul config error
----------------------------
Requesting projects with zuul config error to look into those and fix them which should
not take much time[11][12].

Project updates
-------------------
* None

4. How to contact the TC:
====================
If you would like to discuss or give feedback to TC, you can reach out to us in multiple ways:

1. Email: you can send the email with tag [tc] on openstack-discuss ML[13].
2. Weekly meeting: The Technical Committee conduct a weekly meeting every Thursday 15 UTC [14]
3. Ping us using 'tc-members' nickname on #openstack-tc IRC channel.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee#Next_Meeting
[2] https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1yCiZy_9A6hURXD0BRdr33OlK7Ugch5EgSvFzL-jvDIg/edit#slide=id.g129c4257ac3_0_1456
[3] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tc-zed-tracker
[4] https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:openstack/governance+status:open