[designate] How to avoid NXDOMAIN or stale data during cold start of a (new) machine

Christian Rohmann christian.rohmann at inovex.de
Tue Jun 7 06:54:22 UTC 2022

On 07/06/2022 02:04, Michael Johnson wrote:
> There are two ways zones can be resynced:
> 1. Using the "designate-manage pool update" command. This will force
> an update/recreate of all of the zones.
> 2. When a zone is in ERROR or PENDING for too long, the
> WorkerPeriodicRecovery task in producer will attempt to repair the
> zone.

Thanks again for these details! I suppose there is no option for a
targeted run of this "pool update" command to just hit one backend server?

If you don't mind me asking yet another question ... what is the
difference between running a regular backend or an agent backend?
So
https://github.com/openstack/designate/blob/master/designate/backend/impl_bind9.py
vs.
https://github.com/openstack/designate/blob/master/designate/backend/agent_backend/impl_bind9.py