[horizon] Support for Angular 1.8.x in Horizon (fixing Debian Bullseye)

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue May 4 14:41:21 UTC 2021

Hi,

In Debian Bullseye, we've noticed that the ssh keypair and Glance image
panels are broken. We have python3-xstatic-angular that used to depends
on libjs-angularjs, and that libjs-angularjs moved to 1.8.2. Therefore,
Horizon in Bullseye appears broken.

I have re-embedded Angula within the python3-xstatic-angular and ask the
Debian release team for an unblock, but due to the fact that the Debian
policy is to *not* allow twice the same library with different versions,
I have little hope for this unblock request to be approved. See the
discussion here:
https://bugs.debian.org/988054

So my question is: how hard would it be to fix Horizon so that it could
work with libjs-angularjs 1.8.2 ? Is there any patch already available
for this?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)