[review] oslo.messaging patterns in various projects

Erik Olof Gunnar Andersson eandersson at blizzard.com
Sat Jan 23 23:21:24 UTC 2021

I was helping troubleshoot an issue with Magnum recently and found out that there was a minor issue with how they handle RPC connections, and decided to do an audit of all OpenStack projects and found a bunch that are likely to be experiencing similar issues.

The gist of the issue is that most of these projects creates a new rpc transport on every API call.

If someone has some time over to help review these fixes, I would be grateful.
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/magnum/+/770707 - Re-use transport for rpc calls
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/magnum/+/770720 - Re-use transport for rpc server
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/blazar/+/771110 - Re-use rpc transport
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/solum/+/771111 - Re-use rpc transport
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/murano/+/771341 - Use common rpc pattern for all services
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/watcher/+/771381 - Use common rpc pattern for all services

I tried to use a standardized approach with all of these, but feel free to add any feedback.