[all][tc] What's happening in Technical Committee: summary 17th Dec, 21: Reading: 10 min

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Dec 17 19:00:31 UTC 2021

Hello Everyone,

Here is this week's summary of the Technical Committee activities.

1. TC Meetings:
============
* Most of the meeting discussions are summarized below (Completed or in-progress activities
section). Meeting full logs are available @ https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/tc/2021/tc.2021-12-16-15.00.log.html

* Next week's meeting is on IRC on 23rd Dec (it is scheduled as of now but i will confirm it on Monday),
Thursday 15:00 UTC, feel free the topic on the agenda[1] by 22nd Dec.

2. What we completed this week:
=========================
* Skyline is accepted as an official project [2]
* Updated Yoga testing runtime and job templates[3]

3. Activities In progress:
==================
TC Tracker for Yoga cycle
------------------------------
* This etherpad includes the Yoga cycle targets/working items for TC[4].

Open Reviews
-----------------
* 3 open reviews for ongoing activities[5].

SIG i18n status check
--------------------------
As you might have seen in the email from Amotoki on missing Xena translation[6] or
ID translation bug[7], we checked this SIG status in the TC meeting. We did not get
any concrete answer about the status of this SIG, but I have an action item to reach out
to the current chair of this SIG (Ian). If anyone would like to help or know who can help
especially those who need the translation, please reply to this thread or thread started
by Amotoki[6].

OpenStack Pain points discussion
No updates in this week. Stay tuned on the ML thread[8] and Rico
will inform you about the next meeting details.

TC position on release cadence
-------------------------------------
Discussion is in-progress in ML thread[9]. No other updates from TC on this and we will
set up a separate call to continue the discussion sometime in Jan (after the Christmas holidays).

Fixing Zuul config error
--------------------------
There is some progress by projects but still, we need to fix a lot of config errors.
 If your project is listed in zuul config error, please start planning to fix those[10]

Community-wide goal updates
------------------------------------
You might have seen my email[11] about goal status and planning the work, below is
the current status:
* Selected (active) goals[12]:
** Migrate from oslo.rootwrap to oslo.privsep
** Consistent and Secure Default RBAC
* Goal proposal under review:
** FIPS compatibility and compliance [13].

Adjutant need maintainers and PTLs
We are still waiting to hear from Braden, Albert on permission to work on this project[14].

Project updates
-------------------
* Retire js-openstack-lib (waiting on Adjutant to have new PTL/maintainer) [15]

4. How to contact the TC:
====================
If you would like to discuss or give feedback to TC, you can reach out to us in multiple ways:

1. Email: you can send the email with tag [tc] on openstack-discuss ML[16].
2. Weekly meeting: The Technical Committee conduct a weekly meeting every Thursday 15 UTC [17]
3. Ping us using 'tc-members' nickname on #openstack-tc IRC channel.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee#Next_Meeting
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/814037
[3] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/820195
[4] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tc-yoga-tracker