[Kolla] update

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Mon Aug 30 16:19:42 UTC 2021

On Mon, 2021-08-30 at 17:46 +0200, Ignazio Cassano wrote:
> Hello, I would like to ask if the procedure I am using for update my kolla
> wallaby is correct.
> Every week new images are released so I execute the following steps:
>
> 1. Pull new images on my local registry
>
> 2 pull new images from my local registry to controllers and compute nodes
>
> 3 kolla-ansible deploy
>
> Are the above steps the correct way or I missed something?
> Must I clean something before deploying ?
> Thanks

that is more or less what i have seen recommended in the past yes.

you cna use deploy or reconfigure.
in generall kolla-ansible upgrade is not needed unless you are doing a major version bump
so in your case pulling the images then running deploy should simply replace the containers.

one thing you are proably missing is removing unused un tagged images form the nodes.
e.g. you will want to perodically remove the old images so that they disks dont fill up.

you also proably want to add a staging step between 1 and 2 wheere you test thsi on a small test env first just to make sure there
are no surpriese before pushing to production.