Queens steal time [nova]

Laurent Dumont laurentfdumont at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 19:10:30 UTC 2020

Is the vCPU placement the same between the two? (if you do a virsh dumpxml
of all the VMs on the compute, you should be able to see the which vCPU
we're mapped to which VM CPU). The same VMs under a Kilo compute are seeing
different Steal % when the compute is upgraded to Queens? I guess that
overall % Steal will also be impacted by how busy and noisy the VMs are.

My knowledge is far from exhaustive but I would be surprised at a loss of
CPU performance between Kilo and Queens.