[cyborg][neutron][nova] Networking support in Cyborg

Nadathur, Sundar sundar.nadathur at intel.com
Thu Jun 11 12:24:45 UTC 2020

Hi Sean,

True, we did discuss this at the PTG, and I agree. The physnet can be passed in from the command line during port creation.

> > [...]
> > * We discussed the physnet trait at the PTG. My suggestion is to keep
> > Cyborg out of this, and out of networking in general, if possible.
> well this feature is more or less the opisite of that intent but i get that you
> dont want cyborg to have to confiure the networking atribute of the interface.

The admin could apply the trait to the right RP. Or, the OpenStack installer could automate this. That's similar in spirit to having the admin configure the physnet in PCI whitelist.

Regards,
Sundar