[horizon][cloudkitty][tacker][masakari][congress][karbar][trove] Drop python2.7 and Django1.11 support in horizon plugins

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 09:50:14 UTC 2020

Hi,

I am sending this mail to encourage reviews in horizon plugins.
- Drop python 2.7 and Django 1.11
- Remove six usage

Horizon has dropped python 2.7 support and Django 1.11 support (which
is the last version with python 2.7 support).
We proposed changes to horizon plugins to catch up with these changes.

- Most projects have merged them. Thanks for your cooperation.
- There are several pending reviews.
  https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:drop-django111-support+status:open
- Django 1.11 drop depends on python 2.7 drop.
  In case of karbar-dashboard, python 2.7 drop needs to land before it.
  https://review.opendev.org/#/c/694442/

horizon also has dropped six usage. There are plugins which depends
six on horizon requirements. We proposed a series of changes to avoid
UT breakages in plugins.
Reviews on them are also appreciated.
https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:remove-six+status:open

Thanks,