[openstack-ansible] office hours

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Tue Sep 17 20:23:39 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

Here’s the update of what happened in this week’s OpenStack Ansible
Office Hours.

The upgrade jobs are going well and passing. CentOD is taking longer
but we can reduce the time it takes if we skip tempest tests after
Stein deployment (by changing the order of passed arguments to the
ansible-playbook).

Milestone was updated but we’re waiting on the Keystone bug to get
resolved before merging it. We’ll have to work on Tempest in order to
get that fixed with the proper testing.

For Swift, we talked about editing our job templates to remove testing
as we transition to Python 3. We’ll propose a patch and a revert at
the same time to not forget about fixing it later.

Neutron and Calico are having problems with Python3 and we discussed
going through distro variables to make sure Ubuntu is using Python3
everywhere.

Bind-to-mgmt needs a little more work until we can land it. We need to
cut back on variables because right now there are too many. We also
want to add a global variable in each role corresponding to the
mgmt-addr.

We think we’re getting closer to knowing what is breaking with CentOS 7.7.

As for Galera, we abandoned the patch and replaced the bind addrs but
we still need to figure out why it’s still breaking on the integrated
repository.

Thanks!

Regards,
Mohammed