[cinder][tooz]Lock-files are remained

Gorka Eguileor geguileo at redhat.com
Sat Oct 19 17:44:34 UTC 2019

On 18/10, Sean McGinnis wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I've given it some more thought, and I am now on the side of those that
> > argue that "something imperfect" is better than what we currently have,
> > so maybe we can reach some sort of compromise doing the following:
> >
> > - Cleanup locks directory on node start
>
> Didn't we determine this was not safe since multiple services can be configured
> to use the same lock directory? In fact, that was the recommended configuration
> I think when running Cinder and Nova services on the same node so os-brick
> locks would actually work right (or something like that, it was awhile ago
> now).

Hi,

Reading it again I see that I wasn't very clear with the explanation,
sorry about that.

I didn't mean that Cinder would clean up the directory on start,
because, like you say, this may be shared with other services.

What I meant to say (but didn't) is that the installer (for example
TripleO or openstack-ansible) should create a service unit that executes
on start and removes all the contents of the file lock directory, and
makes all the other OpenStack services dependent on this one.

That way we can be sure that we are cleaning up the directory before any
service has the opportunity to start using it.

Cheers,
Gorka.