[stable][oslo] Supporting qemu 4.1.0 on stein and older

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Oct 7 16:31:19 UTC 2019

On 2019-10-07 10:44:04 -0500 (-0500), Ben Nemec wrote:
[...]
> Qemu 4.1.0 did not exist during the Stein cycle, so it's not clear
> to me that backporting bug fixes for it is valid. The original
> author of the patch actually wants it for Rocky
[...]

Neither the changes nor the bug report indicate what the motivation
is for supporting newer Qemu with (much) older OpenStack. Is there
some platform which has this Qemu behavior on which folks are trying
to run Rocky? Or is it a homegrown build combining these dependency
versions from disparate time periods? Or maybe some other reason I'm
not imagining?
--
Jeremy Stanley