[cyborg][nova][sdk]Cyborgclient integration

Nadathur, Sundar sundar.nadathur at intel.com
Thu May 30 03:51:46 UTC 2019

We do intend to adopt the SDK.

> This is a significant change for OSC, and would come with one really large
> caveat: commands must maintain the same level of consistency that the rest
> of the commands in the OSC repo maintain.  ie, 'update'
> is not a verb, resources do not contain hyphens in their names, etc.
> There are projects that have deviated from these rules in their plugins, and
> there they are free to do that, incurring only the wrath or disdain or joy of
> their users for being different.  That is not the case for commands contained
> in the OSC repo itself.

We are trying to understand the pros and cons of doing the OSC plugin vs integrating directly into OSC repo.

1. Consistency requirements are fine. Presumably we should follow [1]. They seem to be loose guidelines than specific requirements. I suppose the command syntax would look like:
    $ openstack accelerator create device-profile <args>

2. When you say, " This is a significant change for OSC ", could you tell us what the risks are for direct integration? The repo [2] seems to have entries for compute, network, identity, etc. So, it doesn’t look like uncharted waters.

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/python-openstackclient/latest/contributor/humaninterfaceguide.html
[2] https://github.com/openstack/python-openstackclient/tree/master/openstackclient

> dt

Thanks & Regards,