About the constraints url.

Stephen Finucane sfinucan at redhat.com
Mon May 27 07:33:28 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2019-05-27 at 09:18 +0200, Natal Ngétal wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm little lost or totally lost, actually. Sorry if a mail have
> already sent, I have not find it. If I have understood correctly, the
> url to use for the constraints is:
>
> https://releases.openstack.org/constraints/upper/master
>
> One question, this rule is the same for all projects? I'm also bit
> confused, I know the oslo projects must be use this url, and I have a
> patch is blocked for this reason:
>
> https://review.opendev.org/#/c/658296/
>
> The url is not good in master also, so I have make a patch for it:
>
> https://review.opendev.org/#/c/661100/
>
> So why I'm confused, because in the same project, few patches with the
> bad url was validate or merge:
>
> https://review.opendev.org/#/c/655650/
> https://review.opendev.org/#/c/655649/
> https://review.opendev.org/#/c/655648/
> https://review.opendev.org/#/c/655640/
>
> So which url must be used for constraints and this a global for all
> openstack projects? Then can we be careful, when we review a patch
> about this and not mixed up both url.

The wording there is admittedly confusing: these URLs aren't "wrong",
per se, they're just not what we're aiming for going forward. You
probably want to look at this email:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-May/006478.html

The reason for the -1s is presumably so we can do things correctly now
rather than having to fix them again in the future.

Hope that makes sense,
Stephen