[cyborg][nova][sdk]Cyborgclient integration

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Thu May 23 15:02:02 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-05-23 at 09:10 -0500, Eric Fried wrote:
> Hi Ikuo. I'm glad you're interested in helping out with this effort.
>
> I'm trying to understand where you intend to make your changes, assuming
> you're coming at this purely from a cyborg perspective:
>
> - If in Nova, this isn't necessary because there's no
> python-cyborgclient integration there. Communication from Nova to Cyborg
> is being added as part of blueprint nova-cyborg-interaction [0], but
> it'll be done without python-cyborgclient from the start. The patch at
> [1] sets up direct REST API communication through a KSA adapter. Once we
> have base openstacksdk enablement in Nova [2] we can simply
> s/get_ksa_adapter/get_sdk_adapter/ at [3]. And in the future as the sdk
> starts supporting richer methods for cyborg, we can replace the direct
> REST calls in that file (see [4] later in that series to get an idea of
> what kinds of calls those will be).
>
> - If in the cyborg CLI, I'm afraid I have very little context there.
> There's a (nearly-official [5]) community push to make all CLIs
> OSC-based. I'm not sure what state the cyborg CLI is in, but I would
> have expected it will need brand new work to expose the v2 changes being
> done for Train. From that perspective I would say: do that via OSC. But
> that's not really related to bp/openstacksdk-in-nova.
given the cyborg api has 2 enpoint with like 10 effective action you can prefrom

crun operation on acclerator + deployable + program
it shoudl be trivail to add port to an osc pugin at this point.
if you add the api suport to the openstack sdk frist you can kill two brid
with one stone and just make the osc plugin for cyborg call the sdk function
then compltel drop python-cyborgclient
cfom a nova integration point of view we could then also jsut use the sdk functions.