[OSC][PTG] Summary: many things to do!

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Fri May 10 21:17:09 UTC 2019

On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 11:48:21AM -0500, Dean Troyer wrote:
> OpenStackClient held a session at the Denver PTG and despite not
> having much planned had plenty to talk about.  Some of the highlights
> from the etherpad[0] are:
>

> * OSC4 has been waiting in a feature branch for over 2 years (where
> has that PTL been???).  I recently tried to merge master in to see how
> far off it was, it was enough that I think we should just cherry-pick
> the commites in that branch to master and move forward.  So the
> current plan is to:
>   * do one more release in the 3.x series to clean up outstanding things
>   * switch to OSC4 development, cherry pick in amotoki's existing
> commits[2] (mostly changes to output formatting)

I also have a few holding out there for the major release:

https://review.opendev.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/python-openstackclient+branch:master+topic:osc4

I'll try to get to that one in merge conflict and I'll try to watch for other
conflicts as we merge these different major changes in.

(sorry, didn't realize there was a feature branch for this work. Though that
looks like it was OK given the current state. ;) )