[ops][nova]Logging in nova and other openstack projects

Jean-Philippe Méthot jp.methot at planethoster.info
Mon May 6 21:56:50 UTC 2019

Hi,

We’ve been modifying our login habits for Nova on our Openstack setup to try to send only warning level and up logs to our log servers. To do so, I’ve created a logging.conf and configured logging according to the logging module documentation. While what I’ve done works, it seems to be a very convoluted process for something as simple as changing the logging level to warning. We worry that if we upgrade and the syntax for this configuration file changes, we may have to push more changes through ansible than we would like to.

Is there an easier way to set the nova logs to warning level and up than making an additional config file for the python logging module?

Best regards,

Jean-Philippe Méthot
Openstack system administrator
Administrateur système Openstack